WHEN IT’S WARM!
The sun is shining, the days are longer, and people are wearing shorts and hanging out at the park. It’s finally spring, which means that it’s also a great time to sell a house. It makes sense that after a long winter spent hibernating on the couch in a Snuggie that potential homeowners would want to spend sunny weekends strolling and looking for a new home.
Jonathan J. Miller, president of appraisal firm Miller Samuel, confirmed our beliefs in a recent New York Times piece. “Based on the number of contracts signed each month, the spring is still the ‘Super Bowl’ of annual real estate sales,” Mr. Miller said. June is the top month for the number of contracts signed, which means the properties were most likely listed in May. In fact, June sees 90 percent more sales than December.
Are you thinking of selling your property? Here are five reasons to take the leap:
1. Gorgeous weather puts everyone in a good mood. “May weather is ideal for selling a home because gardens are in bloom. In the fall, home seekers are reminded of the leaves they’ll need to rake, and in the winter they’ll often see how much snow needs to be shoveled. In the spring they’ll be imagining the barbecues to come,” Ryan Nickum, a blogger for Estately.com told The Huffington Post.
2. School’s out! Changing schools is a big deal for families, so people with kids prefer to move during the summer so the children have the summer to get adjusted before the school year begins.
3. Potential buyers and real estate agents are hungry for new inventory after winter. “April officially kicks off Open House Month and home buyers are pounding the pavement in search of the perfect fit,” said Alison Schwartz, Vice President of Corporate Communications at Move.com.
4. Spring weather shows the property in its best light. Potential buyers are less likely to think about the exorbitant heating and cooling costs when it’s 70 degrees outside.
5. Tax refunds are in the air (and in wallets). Potential buyers may have a little extra cash in their pockets and may be more excited to look for a new home.
No matter when you list your home, it’s important to consider the details. Estately.com CEO Galen Ward told The Huffington Post, “Little things like:
Ready to put your house on the market? To get the listing process off to a fast start, I can come to your house along with a professional home stager and handyman to offer advice right off the bat! When your house is ready for the spotlight, I’ll send a professional home photographer to take photos and also create a virtual video tour of your home to use for listings. Free! Click here to learn more about selling a home.
Ready to start looking for a new house? It’s a lot easier than you might think with the right real estate pro by your side (that’s me!). If you’re looking for someone who’s friendly, knows the ins and outs of this market, can easily guide you through the process, and wants what’s best for YOU, then contact me to talk about your homeowner dreams and desires! Click here to learn more about the home buying process.
I’d love to hear from you! Call or text my cell at 479-236-0607 and Let’s Talk!
SEARCH HOMES FOR SALE IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Rene Guin is a Realtor in NWA, that's Northwest Arkansas to all who don't know it as such.